The solitude. The aqua sea. The lapping of the waves gently lulling you to sleep. It’s hard to pinpoint just one thing that makes Thatch Caye one of the most blissful places on the planet. If you’re looking for the perfect place to unwind and unplug, Thatch Caye is your dream come true. And talk about exclusive! It’s situated on a private island and allows only 30 people to stay at any given time, assuring you of peace and quiet any time of year.
The ultimate in serene, rustic elegance exudes from this private island resort with its selection of over-the-water bungalows and ocean-front cabanas. Lounge in a deck chair or sway in your private balcony hammock as you enjoy breathtaking views of the pristine ocean waters or endless stars in the night sky. Cool breezes, courtesy of the crystal clear Caribbean Sea, serve as nature’s air conditioning so you may never need to turn on your AC.
Take off your shoes and relax, or take off in a kayak to a world of adventure. Thatch Caye lies along the Belize Barrier Reef, the largest barrier reef in the Western Hemisphere. You are invited to explore the Reef’s fascinating variety of marine life in your choice of daily boating, scuba diving and snorkeling excursions.
Being close to nature is what the rustic elegance of Thatch Caye is all about. After marveling at stunning sunsets and star-studded night skies, retire to your king-sized bed (or two twins) and let the cool sea breezes waft you into utter relaxation.
- All-inclusive food and local alcoholic beverages
- Full staff including a chef, concierge, housekeeping, and licensed boat captain
- Guided Thatch Caye snorkel tour for 2
- Complimentary use of kayaks, paddle boards, snorkel gear, fishing poles, hobie cat sailboat and other non-motorized island toys
- VIP service upon arrival at the Belize International Airport with a personal airport concierge
- Ground airport transportation in Dangriga and boat transfers to and from the island are included
- Pre-trip planning services that ensure you’ll have the best vacation possible
- A stay can be reserved, based on availability, any time during the year with the exception of Easter, Christmas and New Year’s.
- The nights must be used during 1 trip.
- At least one person staying at the residence must be over the age of 25.
- Unless otherwise noted, all holiday weeks start the Saturday before the holiday through the Saturday after the holiday.
- This destination is not included with Travel30 or Passport programs.